Saturday, January 26, 2008

Incredible Women

All my life, I have been overweight (I even hate that word; is there some magic number that I have exceeded? Did I "cross the line"? argh) and told that "it's too bad because I could be so pretty." So, this short blog entry is just a huge thank you to two people - one person I have known for her entire life and one person I don't know at all.

Sara Bassett, my daughter, writes a blog on food, fat, and feminism. It's fantastic. Check it out sometime. She has taught me, more than anyone, how wonderful it can feel to be happy in your own skin.

Jordan Matter is a photographer in New York who did a series on topless women in New York - women of all shapes, sizes, ages, and races. It's beautiful. THEY are beautiful. Their stories need to be read as well, so leave yourself an hour to look at it. http://www.jordanmatter.com/view.asp?url=/exhibits/broadband/nudes_01/003_snowy_night,_washington_heights.jpg&path=/exhibits/broadband/nudes_01

No comments: