Saturday, September 27, 2008

Smörgåstårta

I just had the most amazing food. You can check out the definition in Wiki here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sm%C3%B6rg%C3%A5st%C3%A5rta

Basically, this thing was a huge cake-like structure made with layers of Swedish flatbread with many different fillings: liver pate, leek and curry paste, ham, creme freche, shrimp, eggs, tomatoes, dill, kiwi, and who knows what else. It looked incredible, sounded interesting, and tasted so damn good that I ate three pieces of it, had dessert, then promptly fell asleep on my hostess' couch (how embarassing!). Oh yeah, speaking of dessert, it was some sort of chocolate cream cake with fresh whipped cream, and a cardamom-cinnamon cake. This added to my food-induced couch coma. When I woke up, everyone was just laughing at me. Ah well, worse things have happened. :-)

So, today is my last full day with Carina and her family. In addition to going for sleep-inducing food at her mom's place, we also went to a soccer game to watch her son, Andreas, play, and we went to the local castle to get some pictures and a history lesson.

Tomorrow, I am off to Stockholm to continue my adventures. The weather has been wonderful so far (although there were some dark clouds today and it was getting colder than it has been) and everything has gone wonderfully well. I don't know how much internet access I will have from this point forward, but will try to blog as much as possible.

I must go now, as Carina is ironing my laundry and I am feeling marginally guilty.

Be well!
Janine

No comments: