Monday, October 20, 2008

England (Not) and Home

So, after my one hour of sleep my last night in Copenhagen, I woke up feeling really ill. I knew that I needed to be home where I had my own bed and a massive bottle of antibiotics, so the following ensued:

I got to Heathrow and BEGGED the United ticket counter to get me home. They did. And kept my upgrades. I love them.

I got disconnected three times while trying to call to cancel my hotel reservations, after which I couldn't use that credit card in the pay phone any more, so had to dig out another one and read it to the operator. I noticed that some guy a couple pay phones away was paying way more attention than he should be, and looking suspicious. Hmmmm

I ran to the gate just as my plane was finishing boarding and got my seat (yay).

I got home, took a megadose of Cipro, and slept for a day.

I got called by Wells Fargo that the jerk in Heathrow had, indeed, stolen my credit card number and was trying to use it over and over for long-distance phone calls. Wells Fargo denied every single bogus charge. I love them, too.

So, now a few weeks have passed, and I am back to work on my contract and thinking about the holidays. Life is good, and my fingers are exhausted from updating my blog all afternoon. More news as it breaks. Thanks for reading!

No comments: